Fraud takes many forms and causes a variety of negative effects.
- Medicare and Medicaid fraud leads to expensive, unnecessary, and sometimes dangerous treatments
- Nursing home and hospice fraud prevents elderly patients from getting the treatment they need
- Pharmaceutical fraud leads to unnecessary and potentially dangerous prescriptions
- Kickback schemes taint physicians' decision-making processes
- Procurement fraud causes the government to issue sub-standard, or dangerous, supplies to government employees, including first-responders
- Defense contractor fraud puts the lives of American soldiers in jeopardy
- Financial fraud drains pension funds, jeopardizes homeowners' rights and cripples financial markets
- Education fraud causes students to be saddled with unnecessary and unmanageable debt
Whistleblowing: Fighting Fraud Against the Government
The Attorneys of Goldberg Kohn are committed to helping you fight fraud against the government, recover as large a share of any recovery as possible, and protect your rights.
Every day, American taxpayers lose millions of dollars to fraudulent schemes against the government. But more and more members of the country's largest and most effective watchdog group – everyday Americans – are coming forward to report and put a stop to these fraudulent schemes. While these schemes take many forms, they all have at least one thing in common: they waste taxpayer dollars.
Fortunately, there are a growing number of federal, state and local laws – including the False Claims Act – designed to encourage people with knowledge of fraud against the government to come forward. These whistleblower laws often provide a financial reward, and a level of protection to those who do. A whistleblower law firm can help whistleblowers make use of these laws to stop fraud, maximize whistleblowers' rewards for coming forward, and protect whistleblowers throughout the process.
Goldberg Kohn's whistleblower lawyers have the experience, sophistication and resources required to take on even the largest corporate defendants on behalf of our clients. Goldberg Kohn will fight for you all the way to the finish line.
- Shire Inks $56.5M FCA Settlement Over Adderall Marketing in Goldberg Kohn Case
- Goldberg Kohn Lands Major Medicare Settlement
- Community Health Systems, Inc. (CYH) Pays $97 Million To Settle Whistleblower Lawsuits Alleging Unnecessary Emergency Room Admissions at Its Hospitals
- IPC The Hospitalist defrauded Medicare and Medicaid, U.S. and Goldberg Kohn lawsuit says